Here’s a list of the top ten funniest or weirdest excuses actors have used as to why they can’t make an audition:
- Oh, I forgot I have to go to LA tomorrow.
- I’m sick…yes, I know my appointment was ten minutes ago.
- I wrote it down and my dog ate the paper.
- I thought my agent said next week (auditions are always next day).
- I moved to LA.
- Dentist appointment
- Therapist appointment and I already paid for it
- Working (never at an acting job)
- My best friend/boyfriend booked a surprise trip to Tahiti.
- A distant relative isn’t feeling well.
And this winter, we’ve got a lot of, “it’s too cold out.”
Everyday brings something new. Today a girl came in and asked my casting assistant if he could wait in her car while she auditioned so she wouldn’t get a ticket. REALLY?!